Thursday, December 4, 2008

Two Wolves


I really hate the emails that get forwarded to me with nasty racial comments about President Elect Obama. I hate the racial comments I hear about him inside my church. I hate the fact that I have not taken a stand against the emails, nor have I stood up to the people in the church. I have no good reason other than I have enough stress right now without feeling like I am at war with over half of the people I know.

I received this email tonight, ironically from some a person that tends to send the emails I consider to be racist. It sure would be nice if these people that send these emails would actually read them and take them to heart.

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside all people. He said, 'My son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all.

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: 'Which wolf wins?'

The old Cherokee simply replied, 'The one you feed.'

No comments: