Saturday, December 13, 2008

Still Up


I'm sitting here, wanting to go to bed, but cannot yet as it sounds as if there is a war going on in the house. Eight almost 15 year olds playing computer and video games while yelling insults at each other.

My youngest is having his 15th birthday party tonight. It is a sleepover, for those that could stay, and it has been going on since six p.m. They just finished playing the tradition at his parties, midnight tag. Nice full moon for it.

Oldest was out with them, and stayed out to long and had an allergy attack. He is allergic to the cold and isn't supposed to stay out in it too long. Came in with swelling, rash, itching, and constriction in his throat. We are watching him carefully. He doesn't want to take the medicine because it will knock him out and he is playing games with the party crowd.

I had my own little party tonight. BFF Jill came over and had dinner with the oldest and me. Homemade chili, green chili dip, carrot sticks, cheese, crackers, and sweet pickles (ok, I am the only one that ate the pickles). Then Jill worked on cutting and fringing blankets for wounded soldiers while I worked on the turtle quilt. After she finished cutting a blanket she would rest and I would tie. She finished up two beautiful blankets. She went home really tired.

Hopefully this crowd will quiet down soon and I can get some sleep.



No comments: