Friday, July 10, 2009

It had to Happen

Raymond had bad eyesight. Whenever he would have surgery I would make sure that I gave him his glasses as soon as I was allowed in recovery so he could see what was happening around him.

I have bad eyesight. I have thick lenses, which means I am limited on the style of frames I can have, and that my glasses are expensive. I am always worried I will break or lose my glasses.

When I started going to the optometrist I go to now he would look at my boys and say "You know there is no way they won't need corrective lenses." and I would say "I know."

The oldest made it to 7th grade before he had to have glasses.

Today we had eye appointments. The oldest was first, and he had no change. I was next, with a change, but no need for new lenses. We were on a roll. Then the youngest went in. and I sat in the lobby and read my K2. After a while, the door opened and Dr. C came out shaking his head. He looked at me and said "You had to know it was going too good today."

I am thrilled the youngest made it to 10th grade without corrective lenses, but I am still disappointed he did not make it longer. He won't need to wear them all the time, but Dr. C he might like the correction so much that he will.

The youngest took it in stride, but I was a little down about the whole thing.

No comments: