Friday, July 17, 2009

The New Black is the Old Blue

I had to take the youngest for a physical this morning. For some reason we were able to get to the doctor's office in less than thirty minutes, which was just a miracle, and since I had allotted an hour for drive time we had to sit in the parking lot.

My youngest read while I decided to clean out my purse. As I was cleaning out my purse I realized I had the wrong check book, which meant I did not have the insurance card. I was freaking out. I could not remember what I had done with my check book. I had looked at it the night before to make sure I had the insurance card, so where was it?

I tore my purse apart and could not find the blue check book. I only had the black one.

When we got home I started searching all over again. No check book.

I finally decided to look in the drawer where I keep the black check book. The black check book was in its correct spot. I run back to my purse and grab that check book, it is the black check book. I'm so confused!

I finally decide to open the black check book in the purse because in all of this I have never actually opened the check book to see which one it is because I KNOW I am looking for the blue check book. There is no doubt in my mind.

I open the purse black check book and there it is ... the blue check book in a black cover. I spent a good 35 minutes of my morning looking for something that did not exist.

I still don't know what happened to the blue check book cover, but I'm glad to know where the new black one is.

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Quilt yourself a new checkbook cover...then you won't have this particular stressor again.

Loni said...

yeah, and why do you have Black and Blue when you are in love with GREEN ?

Cheryl said...

It is hard enough to find my green billfold inside my green purses, I did not want to work that hard to find my checkbook. :)