Friday, September 25, 2009

My Condolences to the Wife

My BFF and I went to dinner tonight at a local Italian restaurant. At the table next to us was a couple probably around our age with an elderly couple. I noticed them when we sat down because the older woman had on a very attractive outfit.

We had not been sitting down long before the younger of the two men asked if he could have the cheese container off our table. We gave it to him and evidently he took that as an invitation to bring us into his evening out. An invitation we could have done without.

What an obnoxious man. BFF thought he was drunk. I did not pay enough attention to him to see if that was true or not, but I was ready for him to quit talking to us. I was also ready for him to quit listening to our conversation. Towards the end of the evening he started reaching out and touching my arm, and he did the same to BFF. His wife just looked embarrassed by him.

I also did not like how he was treating the elderly couple. He was very condescending and seemed to take pleasure in humiliating the elderly gentlemen. I really did want to smack him down.

All I could think about as I left was how much I wanted to give my condolences to the wife for having a cretin for a husband. BFF said she was glad I kept my mouth shut.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

He sounds like a true jerk. Sorry that he ruined your evening.

Anonymous said...

There seems to be a lot of jerks around these days. I was going from Allen to Lucas on McDermott this afternoon and waiting at the red light at Angel where it narrows down to one lane going toward the HS. Normally the cars alternate to move to the one lane.

This fellow in a silver Truck pulled up real close to the lady in front of him so I could not alternate in. When I looked over at him, he flipped me the bird!

All I could do was laugh it was so obsurd. Then he turns into the Saddlebrook entrance. I hope he was just visiting...

Sorry you had to put up with your rude man.

Cheryl said...

I hate that intersection. Had a car full of kids turn right on red from Angel directly in front of me and then slam on their brakes to turn onto Rock Ridge.

From some of the meetings I have attended lately and watching the behavior of the adults, I don't think some of the kids these days have a chance to learn courtesy, and respect, in person, or in their cars.