Thursday, September 24, 2009

One Minute Writer

http://oneminutewriter.blogspot.com/2009/09/todays-writing-prompt-balloon.html
Balloon:If you could attach a message to a helium balloon, release it, and know that it would reach someone who has passed away, what would it say?

L told me about this prompt tonight. She usually posts these on her blog, but she thought of me on today's prompt. She said she knew who my message would go to, but that I would probably need a big balloon.

It is funny that this was the prompt today since I had a huge discussion with Raymond on the way home tonight, and, yes, I yelled a little.

What would my balloon say?

"I love you, I miss you. I am not whole without you, but I am trying to be. I wish you were here. Sometimes I pretend you are. I know I am not being as strong as you asked me to be, but I'm trying so that I won't let you down, especially with the boys. I wish I knew, I pray every day I did not let you down at the end. I wish ..."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I only met Raymond once, but I think that he would say that you are doing a great job with the boys. He also would say that he understands that you miss him and he loves and misses you too, as is evidenced by his spirit guide watching over you, the boys and your other loved ones.