Friday, September 18, 2009

My "Daughter" Made Me Feel Old Tonight

I consider L & M to be my girls as in my daughters. Tonight they came to see Mamma C and I prepared dinner and then we settled down to watch the season premier of "Survivor." I had a terrific time and I think they did too. There were lots of laughs and knee slapping, along with some shouting at the television.

At some point we were discussing the current news and I mentioned the deaths this week of Patrick Swayze and Henry Gibson. L did not know who Henry Gibson was and I said he was on "Laugh In." L then said she was too young for "Laugh In." That really made me stop and take stock. Unfortunately, once I took stock I just realized that I am getting old.

I could have chosen to be depressed over the fact that I am getting so old that my friends don't have the same memories I have, but instead I just complained that she made me feel old and continued to have a fabulous time with my girls. In fact my sides hurt from all the laughter.

Part of the time we were planning L's outfit for when she goes on Survivor and how I could sew secret pockets for soap, toothbrushes, etc. L and/or M would be great on Survivor, but M would have to learn not to show her displeasure of certain things so much on her face.

I wish my BFF could have joined us but alas she was spending quality time with her family. She missed a good meal of chili with the fixin's, deviled eggs (for L & M cause they love them), grapes, and brownies. Hopefully she will come by for leftovers tonight or tomorrow.


4 comments:

Deborah said...

O.K. I did not know that Henry Gibson died this week. And I didn't know him by name, but when I googled him, of course I recognized him from Laugh-In. I refuse to believe that L is that much younger than I am!

Laurie said...

That Russell is evil! When he burned those socks that was downright mean. I wonder if he was smart enough to burn his own socks and dump his own water too. I'll be doing the happy dance when he is voted off!

Loni said...

I'm just a baby.... ok, over 40; but the baby of the Survivor-watching group at Mamma c's.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, Russel is the worst Male Chauvanist Pig ever born. He is just Evil. I hope the Lady Cop Takes him down!!

I was yelling at the TV! No! No! Don't believe him!!! He plays the perfect victim... kinda like some folks around city that Rube is from... :-)