Sunday, February 7, 2010

I Told Him

My oldest installed Windows 7 on my laptop after Christmas and  I had to change mail programs. When he finished the installation and we were checking everything out I told him my MailWasher program was not working properly with the new mail program.  He looked at it clicked a few buttons said all was well and off he went. 

Between classes, work, clubs and his girlfriend the oldest has not bee coming home very often. In fact I hardly see him at all, but every time he has come home I have mentioned the fact that the email was not loading properly and that I wanted him to look at it.  Of course, since he hasn't been here more than 10-15 minutes at a time he has not had a chance. Until today.

Today the oldest came home because he had two computer jobs, one at our neighbors, and another with some family friends.  He had time to kill between the jobs so I asked him  to look at the mail program and find out why things were not downloading properly.  He moaned a little, but he did start looking into what was going on between the two programs.  

After a trying a few things he finally understood that it was not user error on my part, but a real problem.  He started working on finding a solution.

I don't think he was too happy that I had not downloaded any emails or opened the mail program since January 8. I have several email accounts, and there were a lot of messages.  One account had over 500, one had 325, another one had 186.  Once I saw those accounts  I stopped looking over his shoulder because he was so irritated that it was taking so long to see if the fix he had put in was working due to the length of time it was taking to download the messages, even after setting hundreds for deletion.

It took him a while, but he finally fixed all the issues, and now everything is finally working.  I am so relieved to have everything up and running smoothly again.  


No comments: