Wednesday, February 3, 2010

WHAT?!

I woke up Monday morning feeling congested and with a sore throat, but not really too bad, and no fever.  I told myself it was allergies and went on to work.  My boss noticed but I told her everything was fine.

Yesterday I woke up still congested and had a constant tickle at my throat so I took some over-the-counter meds and went to work as I still had no fever.  I think I drove my boss crazy clearing my throat but the tickle was non-stop.  Still did not feel bad.

Last night I took a friend out to dinner to celebrate her birthday.  I noticed I was having trouble hearing her, but I thought it was because of the baby and little girl screaming at the table to the left of us,  and the bar to the right of us.  We had a nice time, and I was happy to be able to celebrate with her as she lives alone with no real close family.

This morning I woke up with a very tight chest and a burning back when I coughed.  I immediately worried I had bronchitis again and called the doctor.  He could see me at 10:00 A.M., so I went on to work as I had no fever and time to kill.

When I got to work there were several people in my office (hoping not to get caught) trying to get the copier to print on cardstock.  I was showing them how to correctly change the settings when one of them said "Why are you talking so loud?"  I actually did not think I was talking as loud as I usually do, so I said I was sorry.

I worked for a bit and then went on to the doctor where I told him I was pretty sure I was getting bronchitis.  He started his check-up and after looking in my left ear and then my right he asked me if I was having any ear pain.  I told him that my ears were fine.  He then told me I had an ear infection in both ears, but the one in the right ear was quite nasty.  WHAT?  

So now I am on antibiotics and tomorrow I will pick up another prescription that had to be ordered.  He is not sure one round of antibiotics will clear it up, but he is hoping.  

It is funny ever since he told me my diagnosis my right ear has hurt and tonight I keep hearing crackling sounds inside my head.  

It has been a long time since I had an ear infection.  I think I almost ran Jill out of the house tonight I had the television up so loud.

No comments: