Friday, September 24, 2010

Lacking Spiritual Direction

My life is currently lacking spiritual direction outside of myself.

I was very close to the Pastor I had a year ago. He was more than our Pastor, he was a family friend.  He was here with us when Raymond died.  He was out of town for the day when my mother died, but he was beating on my door yelling my name at 10:00 P.M. when he came back into town and heard the news. He baptized and confirmed both of my boys, and he also baptized me.  

We had wonderful talks about religion, family, and politics.  He filled my soul with a sense  of peace and love. 

Since he left our church to go and pursue a new calling, I do not feel spiritually fed or led.  It is a very sad feeling. 

I ran into him in the store several months ago when he was home for a visit.  He told me that he knew he would see me that day.  We stood in the store and talked for 90 minutes.  It was so healing.  I had to laugh though when I went back to the store a few days later and one of the workers that I have known for years asked me if that man was my new boyfriend.  

I know that he will never come back to my church, but I hope he does get a church close again some day so that I can go and feel full again. 

No comments: