Sunday, September 26, 2010

Very Good Weekend

I don't work on Fridays, so I always have a three day weekend.  This was a very good weekend.

Friday started off with me sleeping late.  It has been months since I have not had to get up at 7:00 A.M. on Friday to prepare for workmen.  I slept until 10:00 A.M.  Of course, I did not go to bed until 2:00 A.M. so it was pretty much a full night's sleep.  

I came into fix breakfast and eat in front of the glass window.  When I sat down there was a beautiful hawk sitting on the pool fence.  I watched him hunt in the trees until he flew away.  

After breakfast I paid bills, put away mail, and tidied up a little before going out to run errands.  My errands included Lowes, Target, the bank, and Kroger.  At Lowes I purchased two nice new platform bird feeders, and squirrel food.  At Target I had to return some items and then replace them, plus I picked up a new card table since I sent the old one up to campus with the youngest.  I couldn't find the check I had to deposit at the bank, so I just got some cash and some coins.  At Kroger I shopped just my list and picked up a lot of veggies, fruit, and frozen Contessa and Wanchai Ferry meals. 

Once home I unloaded everything, and then I portioned out all my foods into take along containers to make my lunches easy to do this week.  It took me about an hour to take care of all the measuring and storing.  I wanted to put up the new bird feeders but it was raining.

After that it was time to clean the house and start putting things back together from all the remodeling. Thanks to my girls having eagle eyes they were able to get me a nice rolling book cart from their work sale and it was a great help to me in putting stuff back where it belonged, or in its new home. 

It stopped raining after dark, so I went out and put up the bird feeders and enjoyed the outdoors for a few minutes.  Once in I tried some of the new Friday shows.

Saturday I cleaned, cleaned, cleaned during the day, then the girls and BFF came over and we went to the Melting Pot for dinner.  Loni does a great job of describing the experience on her blog, so I will just say I enjoyed being with the girls and having a lovely night out with them. Once home, Loni and I played several game of Split and then it was time for bed.

Today I slept late again, and then got up for a nice breakfast by the window and watched the birds and squirrel enjoy their new feeders.  After breakfast it was time to get ready and meet Loni at the movies to see "You Again."  I enjoyed the story and I was happy that it was all slapstick.  I think my favorite parts involved the wedding planner and "Tim."  

After the movie I had to go to Lowes again to pick up salt for the pool, and then I stopped at Kohl's to look at some robes that Mina thought might be like ratty robe, the weren't, but I appreciated her thinking of me, or rather how to get rid of ratty robe.  I did find two nice green purses on sale.  I got both of them for $25.00, a savings of $98.00.  I was thrilled. (BFF won't be when she sees the color of one of them.) A quick stop at Home Depot to find a mop I wanted and it was home to my oasis.

It has been a beautiful,wonderful fall day here today, and I spent the rest of the afternoon puttering around the yard, pulling weeds, cleaning bird feeders, refilling bird feeders, pouring salt bags into the pool, and washing windows.  It was glorious. 

I am looking forward to some season premiers of my shows tonight and then finishing the book I am reading.  Yes, a very nice weekend indeed.  Would have been a perfect weekend if I had seen my boys. 


1 comment:

Loni said...

Yes a very good weekend indeed!