Sunday, September 19, 2010

Passwords

Our lives seem to be completely ruled by passwords. 

I have a password to enter my computer at work.

I have a password to pay my son's housing on campus.

I have passwords to:
  • Do my banking
  • Read or comment on certain blogs
  • Watch quilting tutorials
  • Write on my blogs
  • Check my credit card account
  • Internet shopping
  • Pay bills 
The list could go on and on.  
It used to be I could remember all my passwords even though they are different for each site.  These days
I have to write myself hints or in some cases, just start over.

I wanted to write on this blog yesterday, but it said I had the wrong user name or password.  I looked it up and I was using the right info, so I tried over and over again to try and gain access to my blog and continued to get the same answer.  I finally gave in and asked for help. 

I ended up resetting the password for this blog.  Surprise, surprise,  it is the same as the old one 

Some days I think it would be nice just to have a chip in my wrist to scan across the computer and move on. 

2 comments:

Loni said...

Oh, now that's an idea!
Of course I've got all of my personal passwords for all of that same stuff and add in various photo and scrapbooking and stamping sites... but then add in all of my workplace stuff with Production, Staging, and 4 test environments hahahahhaha.. some days I have sit and think who in the heck am I and what is my password. So you are NOT alone.

Anonymous said...

My dad has been writing a book precisely on point with this blog, I have emailed him the web address so perhaps he could pick up a couple pointers. Fantastic Job.