Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Chat, Chat, CHAT!!!! I am saying CHAT

I am not a patient person.  My sons get frustrated because I will complain my computer is slow and the reason will turn out to be the 85 windows of Firefox I have open because I kept clicking when my browser did not open immediately.

Loni calls me a Power Zero person because if I call any number and get a menu of options that is longer than three choices, I push the zero until I get a live person. 

I could give other examples, but I think you get the idea.
This week  I was given the task of finding out the time needed to take an online class my bin which my boss wants me to enroll.  I started by reading the description of the class.  It only told me the dates of the class, the cost, and that I needed class 101 first.  I then called their 800 number, where I only had to push the English button to be sent directly to a live person.  A live person that had no information but said they would email me something that should give me my answers.  I actually had the email within seconds of hanging up, but the information sent was just the registration form (which I had online).  My next option was to try the online service chat. I clicked "Online Chat."  Nothing happened.  I decided to complete another task and come back to this one.

About thirty minutes later I went back to the website and clicked "Online Chat."  Nothing happened.  I then read the instructions again and because I have a tendency to talk to myself when I am trying something new I said "Chat" as I pushed the button.  Nothing.  Well I kept clicking "Chat" and saying "Chat" with each click for probably five minutes before my boss commented from her office, "My you certainly must be having issues today, that is a lot of cussing."  I thought about it for a second and said "C H A T  chat, I want to "CHAT"  with these people.  "Oh" she said "well I was getting worried."

I never did get to "Chat."


No comments: