Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A Shoulder Would Be Nice

Sometimes I just wish I had a shoulder to lay my head on after a long frustrating day.  

That was another thing I lost when they amputated Raymond's hip and leg.  He could no longer sit on the couch, he had to be in a chair with arms so he could prop himself up.  We lost the ability to be able to sit next to each other except with a chair arm between us.  

It was always the little things like that I missed the most after his surgery, and I find myself still missing the little things.  

Today was a long exasperating day, and it is taking me a long time to unwind.  It would be nice if there were a man with a shoulder I could lay my head on and watch t.v.with until I calm down.  I don't need someone to try to make it all better, or try to rescue me, I just need a shoulder of someone who understands I just want to rest my head and feel at peace.

No comments: