Thursday, February 7, 2013

Gave Myself a Party Tonight

I gave myself a party tonight.  Unfortunately it was a pity party.  I am over it now.

I have been sick with bronchitis pretty much all of January going into February.  It has made it difficult to sleep. Considering the fact that I have sleep issues most nights, I am now running pretty empty.

Work has been super stressful this week which isn't helping with my sleep either.

Today I spent 4 hours shopping for a project coming up at work  The shopping took me into 6 stores, some of them more than once. Some of the stores were very friendly and helpful.  Others were not.  WalMart was the absolute worse.  I won't go into all the details, but we were in there for almost an hour, and about 40 minutes of that was trying to get paperwork completed and then discovering that they had not charges us for 14 towels of the 70 we purchased. We went to get a manager and they were able to ring up the rest of our purchases, but they weren't really friendly about it.  We could have easily walked out the door and just said "they just made a donation."  

A couple of stops later I realized that the lady at WalMart had not given me back my driver's license. I can't believe I didn't notice, but since I had to ask her for all my documentation back at each step, I was frustrated, and wanting to scream. I can see why I didn't notice. So that meant another trip back to WalMart to get my license.

All that shopping put me way behind at the actual business part of my job, so I worked overtime to try to get caught up for tomorrow.  

By the time I arrived home I was exhausted, in pain, and mentally drained. All I wanted to do was weep.  I would have laid on the floor, but I was afraid I would never be able to get up by myself.  

I just want to sleep. 

No comments: