Thursday, March 15, 2007

Pappy Hawk, I'm Glad

Pappy Hawk, I am glad you are out there. I have posted a couple of replies to your comments, but I don't know if you have seen them. I'm still figuring out how this blog site works. I just set it this morning so that anyone could comment. I would like to know how you found my blog, just because I am curious.

It doesn't bother me for people to read my thoughts. It really isn't any different than how I speak my mind to people in person. I hope that in some way my blog may help someone look at their own thoughts and feelings.

The only people I really don't want reading my blog are my boys. I am afraid they will get upset. This is the one place I can express my thoughts without worrying if I am scarring my boys for life. I talk to them about their father, and how much I miss him. I remind them of the good times, and some of the tough times, but I don't want to lay too much of my grief on them. They have their own grief to deal with. Besides, I'm sure I have scarred them in other ways, and will continue to do so.

2 comments:

pappy hawk said...

Cheryl,

I found your blog by chance.One night after work,I checked my daughter's blog following the adoption of our grandson.

At the top of the blog there are links that say "next blog".I click on that,and up comes your blog.I read all your posts.

I really felt for you when I read the posts.I wish I could say something to help.

It seems that you are doing a good job expressing your thoughts.I hope you keep it up.

My father has cancer.He and my mother have demetia.Not at the point that you describe your mom.

My mother used to "starve herself all week".Then go weigh in at tops,then pig out with the girls after the weigh in.She actually lost a lot of weight.The little reward after the weigh in always struck me funny back when I was a kid.

Anyhow,I hope today has been good for you.

Howard

Cheryl said...

I am sorry about your father and mother. Cancer is so hard.

I had to laugh about you saying your mother would "starve herself all week" and go out with girls after the weigh in. My husband used to complain about me doing that. I had to explain to him that when I went out after TOPS it wasn't about "pigging out" it was about keeping my sanity. It was about going out and being with different people.

Raymond had to quit working in June, 2002. We were together just about 24/7, I needed to see and talk to others. He understood when I explained it to him that way.

The girls still go out after TOPS, but I don't go very often. I can't afford it, and I don't like leaving my youngest alone that much.