Saturday, March 10, 2007

Spring Break 1

My youngest has been on Spring Break this week. We did not go on a trip this time, but we have had a pretty good time. We spent a day at the big Half Price bookstore, hiked at White Rock Lake and Bethany Lakes, planted tomato plants, had some of his friends over to spend the night, and had a 2 day garage sale.

On Tuesday, March 6, 2007 my adopted family, and one of mom’s friends joined us at Saltgrass Steakhouse to celebrate mom’s 85th birthday. We had a wonderful time, great food, and a fabulous waiter named Billy. Mom had a fantastic time. The boys and I gave her some cd’s and face cream. I was so glad we were able to enjoy the day with her.

One day left in this Spring Break. We will drive to Denton to have lunch with my oldest. He has quite a bit to celebrate. His team was second in the Science Bowl and will be going to Philadelphia in November. He also will be an executive for his school’s literary magazine next year.

I am certainly blessed when it comes to my children.

No comments: