Sunday, May 17, 2009

Living Room Sprint

I am getting really good at the living room sprint. In fact today I would have probably won gold.

What is the living room sprint? It is the sprint I do across the living room when people knock on my door without calling first and I don't have my clothes on.

Since we have an art show this afternoon, I am not taking my shower until late. Which means I was sitting around in my night gown (the one with all the holes), and playing board games with my boys. Just as we started to roll for Farkle there was a knock on the door. I tore off in one direction (the bedroom with the clothes), while the boys did their part by going to the door and blocking the view of the visitor.

They told the visitor that I would be out in a minute and left her outside. I went out to meet with her and then just as she was leaving, another visitor pulled into the driveway. Good thing I was already dressed.

All I ask is that people let me know they are coming. I don't care if they call from the driveway as long as they call and let me know they are coming to the door. Especially those that like to arrive after 10:00 P.M. I don't have peepholes. I need phone calls!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sitting here chuckling as I read this. I can picture you sprinting trying to get dressed.

Loni said...

My DH installed the peephole in our door and I wasn't even home at the time.. he and his best friend tried to scrunch down and 'be short' and they did good at nailing it for me!

Cheryl said...

My doors are etched glass, no place for peep hole on one, the other two, what does it matter, they can see you are there.

Loni said...

M and I are always good about calling... especially cause we never know what critters might be stirring in your area.

Cheryl said...

Yes, you are good girls.