Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mamma Likes CRUSHED ICE!!!!

The oldest has moved back home for the summer, and it is taking some getting used to for all of us.

My refrigerator has ice and water in the door and you can get the ice in cubes or crushed. I like crushed ice, so I keep the crushed ice button pushed in.

I was out most of the morning, and I have been drinking cold tea all day without ice. I just went in to get ice and as I usually do when filling up my cup I was reading the poems all over my refrigerator that have been left there by the boys and their friends, so imagine my surprise when I looked in my glass and it was full of cubes of ice. GROWL!!!!

The oldest knows that if he gets cubes he is supposed to put it back on crushed, because while it is the refrigerator the family uses, it is also the refrigerator I dreamed about for years, and Raymond bought for ME when the old one finally quit working. Therefore I get to rule which button is picked.

I have a feeling that these first couple of weeks of being "all" together will be a little trying, especially if the crushed ice button doesn't stay selected.

1 comment:

Loni said...

adjusting to having the oldest at home continues, I see.... hang in there!!!