Sunday, May 3, 2009

Squirrel Entertainment

I have been sitting here reading, blogging, and thinking this morning while being entertained by a blue jay that cannot get it through his head that he is too big for the feeder he is trying to eat out of and keeps falling to the ground, and two squirrels. Squirrel 1 is on the feeder and he throws food to the one on the ground to Squirrel 2, and then eats for a while himself. They are so entertaining. Yes I will probably pay the price for having squirrels around the house some day, but I love them. We did not have any squirrels on the property until the last couple of years, so it is a treat. Reminds me of when I had my pet squirrel "Squeaky" in Ohio. He lived outside, but ate out of my hand.

Squirrel 1 Gets Food


Squirrel 1 Sends Food to Squirrel 2



Squirrel 2 Eats



2 comments:

Loni said...

But that's why your yard is a designated Wildlife Area.... the Squirrels look like they are enjoying themselves. Besides, it would be boring if no critters came to eat out of your many feeders.

Loni said...

A squirrel is just a rat with
a cuter outfit.
~Sarah Jessica Parker