Friday, February 18, 2011

Jury Duty/People Watching

I had jury duty on Monday, February 14. I did not get put on a panel because 3 of the 6 courts settled and my name was not called for the 3 that were seated. 

I spent my time there wisely.  I read and watched the people.  Two of my favorite hobbies. 

My favorite person to watch was this beautiful woman, not terribly young, maybe late 30's, in gorgeous clothes that showed off her two rather large perky attributes without being low cut.  She  had straight chestnut hair down to the middle of her back and she knew how to flip it. 

When this woman walked in she went straight to a line of chairs that only had two chairs left in it, one close to the end between two men, and the other was at the end of the row on the opposite side between two men.  All the other chairs  in the row were full of men. Now my row was in front of the row she chose and had five chairs left in it with  women on one end and men on the other.  This woman sat in the first available seat in the row of men, between two rather paunchy men and it looked quite cramped.  

I decided to sit with my shoulder propped up on the chair giving me a perfect view of the woman and the men surrounding her area.  It was quite entertaining.  She immediately struck up a conversation with the two men by making a comment about jury duty that made them chuckle and suck in their guts.  She then kept on talking and making this little giggle sound while flipping her hair.  I thought if the one guy held in his gut any longer he might pass out.  

The woman was delightful and I have no issue with her, especially since I got to watch about five, middle aged men do their best to make themselves look attractive to this woman that was really just into making her jury duty time more interesting.  Hair was smoothed, shoulders were thrown back, guts sucked, height being stretched, and brows scrunched as these men were obviously trying to figure out how to keep her attention on them instead of the area on the other side of her.  

I was chucking to myself because I noticed that she wasn't really looking at any of the men, she was sort of looking over their heads around the room.  I am not sure she was even aware of what they were doing.  She just seemed like the type that charmed a room no matter where she was, and it was just part of her personality.  

Her group along with my group were excused after almost two hours.  As I was walking to my car, I couldn't help but think the wives of those men would have a wonderful Valentine's Day as the men continued to live out their fantasy of the morning. 

I love watching people.

No comments: