Friday, February 11, 2011

My Youngest is Home!

I have missed him these last couple of weeks.

He is glad to get where there is not so much ice and snow.  There was still quite a bit of ice on campus when I picked him up today.  Lots of people still sliding around where there was shade.  

Our first stop was the Denton DMV to renew his expired driver's license.  They would not let us do that because he did not have a Verification of Enrollment form from TAMS.  They would not accept his UNT student identification because he is under 17.  We will try again when he comes home in two weeks.

Our next stop was the Minding my P's and Q's Quilt Shop in Cross Roads. Small, but friendly.  Nothing I needed today, but they did have some nice sale fabric. The youngest was nice enough to wander around with me and show me fabric he thought I would like.

Since he had not eaten yet, at almost 1:30 P.M. a stop at Sonic stopped the rumbly in his tummy.  3 grilled cheese and a blended chocolate root beer float later we stopped at Lonestar Comics where I bought him 10 Magic booster packs for Valentine's day.  Evidently I did good because he was quite happy with some of the cards.  

A stop at PetSmart for my new fish was all that was left before we headed home.  

He is now helping me by cleaning out the computer room closet.  He also went out and filled all the bird feeders he could until we ran out of bird seed.  We will be going in to town later for more of that important staple around here.  

He is such a wonderful child.  Funny, interesting, kind and considerate.  I am so glad he is home for a couple of days.  




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Hunter too and think he is an awesome young man. His dry sense of humor is fun. And most importantly he shares the chocolate!

Catmom5