Sunday, February 20, 2011

Exhaustion or Depression?

I was in bed by 11:00 P.M. last night and did not wake up until 10:40 A.M. 

I went to the early movie at 11:30 and was back home by 2:00 P.M.  

I had a light lunch and went to sleep on the couch by 3:00 P.M. and did not wake up until 8:00 P.M.  Now I am ready for bed again.  

I had to sit and think about whether or not I was sliding into depression again.  After Raymond died I slept all day for weeks.  As soon as the kids would go to school I would go back to sleep.  At first I decided it was because I had so little sleep in the last months of his life, then I decided it was depression.   Of course I didn't get to really deal with that depression for long because I had my mom to care for and then had to deal with her death.

I don't think I am depressed right now.  In fact I think I am in a pretty good place in my life.  I am probably just exhausted from all the nights I don't sleep.  

Whatever the cause, I think I will embrace the sleep for now.  It feels pretty good.  I may not be accomplishing very many things, but I think I will feel better in the end.

Goodnight.


2 comments:

Loni said...

You know part of it could be that other plans you put into motion which have eased other areas is perhaps now allowing you to get some much needed restful sleep.

Unknown said...

Embrace the sleep; it is probably just your body trying to catch up on needed rest.