Friday, May 4, 2012

OK Universe Your Scaring Me!

I am a very lucky, frightened woman.

I am lucky because I have no doubt in my mind that Randy loves me deeply.  Part of it is from our past, part of it is from our hours and hours we have spent on the phone since April 17.  

I have agreed to be open to giving him a chance to come back into my life.  SCARY!

Randy wants to take full advantage of the second chance God had given him to have me in his life and believes our relationship will be much better if he moves to Texas.  At this time he is looking for a job, so it would make sense for him to look for a job here instead of where he lives. He said it might take him a while, but I would need to be open to the idea. 

Of course I am open to him moving here vs be moving there.  I could keep the oasis and the safety net of my family and friends.  I haven't really been concerned about any move because I thought I had plenty of time to get used to the idea of Randy being where he would be a physical presence in my life and not just a voice on the phone.  

Plus Randy doesn't have a car. I keep explaining to him he cannot live here without a car. He currently lives where he can take public transportation just about any where he needs to go. In fact the bus stop is right outside his door.  I told him that if he lived here he would need a car to take him to the bus or train station.  Therefore the plan was he would get a job, save, get a car, and then if he still wanted to be here with me, we would move forward with him moving. I was good with this, we figured a year or two to get to that point.

In comes the universe! Randy has a really nice guy as a roommate named Mark.  In fact, if it hadn't been for Mark helping technophobe Randy get on Facebook, there would be no discussions between Randy and me.  Randy and Mark have conversations about their relationships since Mark is in a long distance relationship with a woman in Oregon.  In their conversation yesterday Mark offered to sell Randy his car.  WHAT! 

Last night Randy was online looking for jobs in this area and trying to decide how he could get all his musical equipment here since Mark says he could just leave his furniture.  WHAT!  

After breathing for a while I decided not to scream NO, TOO SCARY, and let the universe continue to plug along with its plan.  

I told Randy that if he moved here it was all on him and not on me in any way.  I am not asking him to move here, I am not making any commitment to him, etc.  He said he understands but he is not missing this chance God gave him.  

So OK universe you are scaring me to the point I can't breathe at times, but I will continue to be listen and be open. 


No comments: