Friday, May 4, 2012

That Look Was Priceless

I just ran into the local drugstore to buy a birthday card for a friend.  As I walked in I saw a friend of my youngest.  I said "Well Hello there" and he turned around and said "Hi Cheryl."  As soon as he said it he looked like he was going to pass out.  I admit I was a little taken aback and then thought it was funny.

You know I have quite a collection of young men that come to my house ages 22 to 16, but none of them call me Cheryl.  It is either Mrs.__________ or Mom.  I have always told them that when they turn 18 they can call me Cheryl and some have tried a few times, but they always seem uncomfortable and soon slip back to Mrs. ___________ .  So when this young man said Cheryl I know he was appalled at his manners.  He is not quite 18 yet so he is not of the age I have given him permission to use my first name.

I did notice that when he left he said "Goodbye Mrs. _____________."


No comments: