Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Perfect Birthday Card

My friend Laurie sent me the perfect birthday card this year. 

The card says:
As we grow older, it's important to remember that life is all about how you handle Plan B.
                                                        Plan B
Plan A is always my first choice.
You know, the one where
Everything works out to be
Happily ever after.

But more often than not,
I find myself dealing with
The upside-down,
inside-out version
Where nothing goes as it should.

It's at this point that the real test
Of my character comes in...
Do I sink or do I swim?
Do I wallow in self-pity
And play the victim
Or simply shift gears
And make the best of the situation?
The choice is mine.  After all...
Life is all about
How you handle plan B
                    - Suzy Toronto

Blessed are the flexible...
for they shall not be bent out of shape.

I keep reading this over and over again.  My Plan A ended almost six years ago. It ended way too soon.

I am still trying to figure out Plan B.

Randy wants to be in my Plan B, but that is so scary.