Wednesday, May 9, 2012

So Thankful!

Monday I was involved in an automobile accident.  I was hit from behind while waiting to turn into the driveway at work.

My co-workers called 911 and the volunteer fire department started to arrive. Since I know so many men on the fire department it was like old home week.  One of the firemen came running up to hug me and tell me he was so upset when he realized I was in the accident.  All of the firemen and EMTs were very kind. One of the firemen from my church made sure to introduce me to the EMT and tell me I was in really good hands.


The family emergency system worked great.  Loni was at the hospital before I arrived and had me almost completely checked in by the time before I was in the ER room.

X-rays and CAT scan showed nothing broken.  I have some strained muscles.  I am taking a couple of days off work to recover and taking the medicine I was prescribed.

As I was waiting for the test results in the hospital, I was getting text messages and phone calls from my Super Seniors and other friends at church.  I truly am blessed to have so many caring people in my life. 

I am just so thankful that I was able to walk away from the accident as was the man that hit me. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so thannkful that you were not badly injured in the accident. You've been worried about one of us injuring ourselves before vacation. The Universe has a really nasty sense of humor some days. Love ya!