Friday, January 18, 2013

A Difficult Week

A friend entered hospice this week.  I met him through Loni.  I have actually only seen him face to face once, but we have sent messages back and forth of the years and I don't think I am wrong when I call him friend.

Today's news is he only has hours left.  He fought a brave fight against sarcoma.  He was actually treated through the same clinic as Raymond at M.D. Anderson.  That is why I ended up meeting him.  Before he made his first extended trip I had lunch with him and gave him some notes and ideas of what it was like to be a patient there.  

He is loved by many, and will be missed probably more than he ever expected.

My heart goes out to the family.  Having gone through this process, I know what they are facing.  
 
I know it has been hard on Loni too.  They were good friends.  

Yes, a most difficult week.

No comments: