Sunday, January 13, 2013

Not the Best Start to a New Year

I have been down about a week with bronchitis, part of it while the youngest was battling a nasty stomach bug.  

I started coughing on Monday, by Wednesday I was at the doctor getting antibiotics and heavy duty expectorant.  Thursday, I was battling the side effects of the medications.  I went to work, but was told I would probably have to work Friday.  I chose to come home and sleep 3 hours, and then go back and work until after 7 so that I could spend Friday and Saturday in bed.  

Fortunately the oldest was home Tues., Wed. and Thurs. night to help me, and the youngest was well enough by Thursday night to help too.  Since the youngest was sleeping in the Man Cave, and I was in the adjoining room on the living room couch, he took care of me most of Thurs. night and early hours Fri. when I was having a lot of difficulty.

I am truly blessed that my boys are such wonderful caregivers, and that they were still on their winter break and could be home with me.

During all of this Loni got sick and was home by herself nursing a fever and sinus infection.  I felt bad I couldn't go get her medicine and grilled cheese sandwiches.  She was good about checking in except for yesterday.  She fell asleep on the couch without checking in with Mina or me.  The youngest and I were gearing up to go beat on her door just as she woke up and let me know she was okay.  Can't help but worry ever since I walked in and saw her after she fell through her ceiling.  I kept picturing on the floor with a gash in her head from passing out from the fever and hitting her counter or something.  Us single ladies have to watch out for one another. 

I hope this is the end of the illness for 2013. 

No comments: