Saturday, January 19, 2013

Not A Bad Week

If you take away the fact that John entered hospice this week and I have cried pretty much all day ever day, it really hasn't been a bad week.  

John entering hospice was not a surprise for me.  For someone who has been through it, I knew it was coming. I kept praying I was wrong, but in my head I knew that his fight was almost over, and my heart has been breaking for his family and friends.

Taking away the sadness though, the week has been okay.

Monday night I attended a Redwork Quilting Class.  Redwork is not really something I enjoy, it is a little old-timey for me, but it is pretty mindless and since I had finished my handwork I had at the house it has filled my late evenings.  A lot of great people in the class, along with a very interestingly bizarre lady so the conversation from the evening has kept several of us entertained throughout the week.

Tues. was dinner with Mina and Loni, always a joy.  

Wed. night I came home and worked on projects around the house.  One night I worked in straightening up my bedroom. I still had Christmas quilts, stockings and table toppers piled up in there to be hung for next year, along with odds and ends to be put away.  I also cleaned part of the bathroom.

Thurs. night I worked on the laundry room.  I just about have it completely cleaned out and all laundry done.

Yesterday, Friday, I went to see a friend to finally exchange Christmas presents, ran some errands for the quilting class instructor, stopped to see a couple of other friends, cleaned out the pantry, scrubbed down the kitchen and mopped the floor, and then met Stan, Mina, and Loni for our regular Friday night dinner at Los Charros.  Once home, I worked on the laundry room some more and then spent the evening embroidering on my quilt block for class.  

Today I am scrubbing down the rest of my bathroom, finishing up with the laundry room, and hope to start on the game room.  I also need to find the skein of floss I lost yesterday to work on my quilt block.

The youngest should be home at some point today.  I am anxious to hear about his first week of the semester.

While I was working on my quilt block I was able to catch up on most of my evening shows.  I was very happy with who won Project Runway All Stars.  I hate the new judging panel on American Idol.  Scandal was interesting.  I am losing interest in Revenge.  The rest were pretty much noise in the background.  
On FB, Jeff has kept me entertained most of the week with little funny messages everyday to cheer me up.  Randy and I have come to an understanding regarding our relationship which has put us both in a good place. I love that I was able to reconnect with Annette.  Cindy and I had some good laughs, and I learned my cousin's son has a book out and holding book signings that some of my other cousins are attending. 

My cough is slowing down some.  Still bad when I talk very much or laugh.  Hoping it will stop soon.  Always takes me a long time to clear out my lungs after an illness.  
Tomorrow morning will be a family breakfast at Mimi's before the girls make their annual trek to Hawaii.  

Yes, taking away the sadness and the heartbreak of knowing another good man is leaving us, it was not a bad week.

Next week: Another installment of the quilting class, and Nana duties for Mocha. 

1 comment:

Loni said...

I am glad there was a pretty good week minus the heartbreak. It has been emotionally exhausting; but you know that better than anyone else I know.