Friday, August 17, 2007

The Beach Boys - "Not to Old to Rock 'n' Roll"

That is the headline on the GMA website today.

My friends know that I love to watch GMA in the mornings. This morning the Summer Concert Series features the Beach Boys. They are singing songs off of their new album. I am sorry, but these men need to give it up. They really are too old to "Rock 'n' Roll." There were times when I actually had to cover my ears because it was so horrible.

I find it so sad sometimes when these older bands or solo singers from twenty or thirty years ago or more are trying to promote new songs and albums. I wouldn't mind if their voices were different, but often they are just shot, or gone. Then I have to sit and wonder if they are broke and are trying to make it until retirement.

I don't know why the Beach Boys have a new album, but they should have hired someone else to do the singing.

AHHHH they are trying to sing "Kokomo." I really think the way Mike Love is mumbling that he forgot some of the words.

At least the audience seem to be enjoying themselves. Maybe it sounds a lot better in person.

Saying all of that, I would still go see the Moody Blues in concert. (Of course, the concert would have to be within ten miles of my home and free.)

No comments: