Saturday, August 11, 2007

Today's Thoughts

I found out a couple of weeks ago that my dad was actually a year older than we thought. He said he was born in 1920, but we found his army I.D. and it said 1919. I then went and located his birth certificate and it said 1919. We have been trying to figure out why he said it was 1920, or if someone told him different at one time and he thought it was 1920. It really doesn't change anything, it is just another small mystery that cannot be solved.

My mom's memory was really not there today. Why is it worse on some days than others? How much longer can she live on her own?

Raymond had the most beautiful skin on his feet. Even up until the day he died. He never did anything special, but the skin was so soft and free of cracks or blisters. I was looking at my boys feet tonight as they were sitting around with them barefoot while we were playing a game. They have Raymond's feet. I'm so glad they didn't get mine. I always admired Raymond's feet.
I have noticed that parents that do not respect their children, do not get any respect back.

My oldest goes back to school in 11 days, and I am going to miss having him around.

The youngest goes back to school the end of August. I hate that. I do not want to go back to the school stuff. The meetings, the booster clubs, the constant irritation of things that go on during the school year. We lead such a peaceful existence when school is not in session.

I still miss Raymond so much. My life is so incomplete without him.

I'm mad at Raymond. He left letters for the boys. He did not write a letter to me. I needed a letter. Something to hold. I know he did not leave me a letter because he thought I'd remember all he told me, but I want a letter to hold. Something to hug to my heart.

My mom keeps talking to be about remarrying. I can't imagine that. She says she dreams all the time that I have remarried. My friend says she probably just doesn't want me to be alone. My mom was proposed to by two different men when my dad died. She never wanted to marry again. I don't know why she thinks I do.

We saw a very pretty Cumberland slider turtle at Petco tonight. He is still there. We decided 16 turtles are enough.

No comments: