Thursday, August 23, 2007

What a Blessing

I moved my oldest into his dorm room yesterday to start his senior year of high school at college. It was very bittersweet.

This morning I took my youngest to orientation to begin his school year on Monday.

Needless to say the emotions started to swell, along with the questions. I am constantly questioning myself as to whether or not I am doing right by the boys. As I drove down my road, a young hawk took off from a neighbor’s fence and flew right next to my passenger’s window all the way to my driveway. It was such an amazing and glorious sight.

I have mentioned many times that I think Raymond comes to me as a hawk. Today Raymond let me know that he was still with me. He was letting me know that he is right in the passenger seat next to me, helping to guide me through raising the boys.

It was such a blessing. I could feel my thoughts start to ease immediately. My heartburn went away, and a peace flowed through my whole body.

No comments: