Friday, November 9, 2007

Blind Submission by Debra Ginsberg

I have had a love/hate relationship with this book for weeks and I finally finished it.

I picked this book off the library shelf because I thought it looked interesting. When I started reading it, I decided it was anything but interesting and put it aside to return, only to have to pick it up again when it was the only book around when I needed something to read and was to lazy to get out of bed to search for something else.

After a little while there were parts of the book that I found to be intriguing, but for the most part it was a predictable, boring book. It got so I had to finish it just so I could see if the author pulled it out at the end with a surprise, or if it would just be a predictable ending.

No surprise ending, no characters that turned out to be engaging or someone you could cheer on, nothing.

I have completed the book, and I will take it back to the library today, but what a shame the author couldn't pull this book off with something to make it worth the read. This book could have given so much more to the reader.

No comments: