Monday, November 19, 2007

Quilting

As I mentioned previously, I finally took a step to reach my goal of learning how to quilt. I have now had three classes, and I am loving it. The math to the cutting scared me a little at first, and I have discovered that I do much better at the cutting at home in my own space where there is not a lot of distractions, but as I get used to the rulers used I am able to cut and watch television.

I could easily fill my house with quilting fabric, but I have made myself a deal that I will not get ahead of myself. One project at a time, because I fear feeling overwhelmed by the planned projects, and then the guilt of having so many projects and so little time.

I am very pleased with my progress so far, and I am excited at the idea of completing my first quilt.

I am also very pleased with myself for signing up for the class and taking the initiative to reach a personal goal. It seems as if I spend a lot of time helping others reach goals, but seldom help myself reach goals. I am so glad I encouraged myself this time.

No comments: