Saturday, February 23, 2008

Fabrics 7 and 8 Have Bloomed

I have until Thursday, Feb. 28, 2008 to finish all my squares for the Blooming Nine Patch quilt as that is my next class (and last class for this quilt) where we will learn how to put the quilt together.

I have been sick and unable to work on it as much as I had hoped. I did manage to get Fabrics 7 and 8 done and I'm cutting Fabric 9. I figure if I can get 9 and 10 done tomorrow, then I could work on 11 on Monday night and 12 on Tues. and Wed. Then all I will need to do is count my squares again and go to class. YOW, I hope I can get that done.

The layout is getting to big for the floor or my design wall, and I cannot get a good picture of how it is blooming out right now. I am a little frustrated by that because I enjoy watching the way each Fabric changes the look and feel of the quilt.

The instructor for this class said there were two important things to making this quilt. Organization and understanding the cutting chart. I have something to add to that list ... have lots of bobbins full ahead of time. I had six bobbins ready to go when I started. I have already used all of those and six more. I'm not going to start another Fabric until I have wound at least 8 more bobbins.

No comments: