Sunday, February 17, 2008

Finally - On February 17, 2008 - I Finished a Book

I finally read a book this year. "On Strike for Christmas" was a silly little book whose characters did not engage me, but I read it any way because it made me laugh.

There have been a lot of books by my bedside since Christmas, and I have read at least a paragraph in each of them, but I just could not find anything that fit my mood. I think they were all too depressing.

I have been really stressed about not reading. I usually read at least one book a week, along with magazines, and the newspaper. But since the beginning of the year I have been in a non-reading mood. I cannot remember the last time I read anything but the comics in the newspaper. My magazines are about 2 months behind, and the books are just piled up on my bedside table. Nothing has grabbed my interest.

I'm hoping that this last batch of books I checked out of the library will be just the jump start I need to get back to reading. If not, then the next time I fill out a survey, I guess I will have to take reading off as one of my favorite hobbies.

No comments: