Monday, February 11, 2008

It is All so Horribly Sad

Yesterday my youngest was making a family tree for Spanish class and we were looking at pictures of Raymond to place on the tree. My mom mentioned that she only me Raymond one time. That statement really floored me.

My mom and Raymond loved each other. He used to tell her that he didn’t know what a real mother was until he met her. I remember him asking me to make arrangements for her to come to the house so he could say goodbye to her. He told her how much he loved her and thanked her for all she had done for him and us. She totally collapsed the day we went up to tell her he had died.

They were so close that I used to get mad because she always took his side in any disagreement. Now she can’t remember him.

With her losing her memories of Raymond, I have lost the one person that remembered my entire life with Raymond. I have no one to laugh with over things that happened during our years together. She was my one big connection to all those years.

It is all so horribly sad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Me too... Time in a bottle.