Thursday, August 20, 2009

Fire Ants in More than my Pants

All week I have been finding fire ants in strange places. Last night 's experience was worse than the ones that were in my pants (under).

I keep my nightgowns in my linen closet in my bathroom since that is where I usually get dressed for bed. Last night I put my gown on and went to my room only to look down and see that my legs were covered in ants. By the time I reached down to start knocking them off I was feeling bites being taken out of me all over. I took my gown off and saw it was full of ants and I was covered in the red biters. It took me a while to get the ants off of me and by then I was quite miserable.

Where did those ants come from?

I took a flash light and looked in my linen closet and there were ants every where. I was too tired and in too much pain to deal with the ants at that time of night, so I went to bed and worked at getting to sleep.

This morning I told the youngest to stay away from the closet and once I got home from work tonight I started cleaning out and washing everything in the closet. I am taking quite a bit of delight from emptying dead ants from my lint tray in my dryer.

It will probably take me days to get everything out of the closet and to be rid of the ants, but at least I know where they are coming from now.

I hate fire ants. We did not have them in Kentucky. I am missing my old Kentucky home right now.

3 comments:

Seren Dippity said...

I have NEVER heard of fire ants inside the house. That is a first. Is your linen closet located on an outside wall? I'd check to see if there is a mound up against the house foundation. We had invasions of ants in the house last year so bad I finally gave in and called an exterminator - we had tried every otc thing we could find that would be safe around pets. Thank goodness they weren't fire ants. I HATE those little buggers too. I squirmed with sympathy pains for your last story. I hope you are not too miserable for long.

Deborah said...

I am SO sorry that you've been attacked TWICE, no less, by fire ants. If you can manage it, call an exterminator and have him treat all around the house. This is awful!

Loni said...

Poor you, first the panties, then the bras, then the nighties.. rotten fire ants.. hope you got em all.