Saturday, August 1, 2009

Places I Have Been


visited 21 states (42%)

I had trouble deciding about a couple of the States as I had been through them and had a meal there, but not really stayed in the State. When you traveled with my Dad you didn't get to stay in too many places.

I still remember how mad Raymond was the day Dad decided that we should all go see the grave of Sgt. Alvin York in Pall Mall, TN. Raymond and I were dating and thought it would be a good day trip with my parents. Both of us were looking forward to seeing a different part of Tennessee. The distance between our house and the cemetery was about 127 miles, and I forgot that Raymond had never traveled with Dad before and was not used to Dad's way of taking a trip.

We drove to the cemetery and got out to go see the site. Once we saw it, Dad said "Well there it is, let's go" and back in the car we went. Raymond was really ticked. All I could do was shrug my shoulders.

We did stop at a little diner for lunch, which I thought we should be thrilled about because usually we would have just driven straight back to the house, but Dad thought it was a special trip because Raymond was with us. Raymond was still mad while we were eating. In fact, Raymond never really got over that sightseeing trip. We laughed about it all the years we were married.

No comments: