Friday, August 28, 2009

A Lot of "I" Statements

I have made it through an almost full week of being on my own and I am doing quite well, except that I am sick.

I started feeling bad on Tuesday and by Wednesday I was feeling lousy. Wednesday night I had a fever and I had to stay home from work on Thursday. The doctor could not see me until today and now I am on antibiotics, an inhaler, cough syrup, and more Mucinex. The problem is that every medication requires that I drink lots of liquids and nothing tastes good, especially water.

My king sized quilt is back from the quilter's and it is so pretty. I am going next week to learn how to square it up and finish it.

I have really been enjoying my birds, doves, finches, and hummingbirds.

Until this bronchitis knocked me back I was in the process of starting on a room at a time and cleaning out things and finally getting rid of things I should have let go of a long time ago.

The bad thing is that mail is piling up again. I have a lot of papers I need to read and sign and I just haven't had the concentration for that sort of work while I have been sick. Hopefully I will get to that soon.

I finished a quilt for Project Linus and I think it turned out pretty cute. I hope L can snatch up some more for me to work on. I work best on projects when I am in my own space and in my ratty robe. I don't really like going to "sewing" or "quilting" times even though I am invited to one almost every week. It seems unproductive to gather up all my stuff and then to have to set it up again so I can work, when all I have to do here is turn on the machine and get to work.

I am proud of myself lately for making positive changes in my life.

I miss the boys, but I don't miss the boys. I am happy that they are out making new friends, and trying new things.

I wish there was something new on television to watch. I want my shows to come back on.

I think I will take a nap now.


No comments: