Sunday, August 29, 2010

Life is Good

Life is good.  Yes, there are things I would love to change, but everyone has something in their life they would like to be different.  If I had my way, Raymond would still be here with me, but that evidently wasn't meant to be this time.

I think Raymond would mostly be proud of me.  I know there are some things in my life right now he would not be happy about, but I know he understands my reasoning behind why I don't change those areas at this time.

I have some of the best people in the world  in my life.  I really miss my one friend, but I can't change to be what she needs. I am still deeply hurt by that loss and I really hope all is well with her.  

My boys are both doing well  and are fairly happy on a regular basis.

My home is a wonderful sanctuary and brings me great peace.

I am figuring out how to enjoy life and not freak out as much.  One of the great women in my life stopped by unexpectedly today.  I did not try to hide what a mess I have in the house.  In fact, I showed her the entire house without shame.  She knows I am remodeling.  I will have her back when everything is in place and she will know I don't live like this all the time.  

I still want to lose weight, but I have had two losses in a row at TOPS and I know I can do it if I really make the effort.  

Like  most people I wish I did not have to work, but I do, and I am fortunate enough to love what I do most days.  I really like my job when I can just sit down and do it without interruption. 

Yes, life is good, and it is about to get better as I am about to join some of my favorite people  for dinner and laughs.  

No comments: