Sunday, August 29, 2010

A New Bird in my Fountain, and More

BFF and I saw a different bird yesterday.  It came up on the patio to get a drink from the fountain.  We did not know what it was so the bird book had to come off the shelf.  We finally figured out it was a Starling

I am so excited to have a new bird in my wild area, even if it is an agressive bird.

Hummers are out in full force this morning.  

I also woke up to find 18 dove in my feeders, and more on the ground.  They always seem to know when dove season is upon us and start hiding out here.  Some days you can't even see the power lines there are so many dove up there.  They go through a lot of feed during that time.  Some of the juveniles were playing the fountain yesterday and having the best time, until the starling arrived.

Just  now a little house finch decided to sit on the pole where the hummingbird feeders are located.  The hummers let him know he needed to go back to his own area and leave theirs alone.

It is really hard to get anything done with all  this fun activity. I never want to leave the living room, especially now that it is starting to look normal again. However, I have a lot to do today to get ready for the new phase of remodeling.  Oldest is coming to help, thank goodness.  I have no idea where I am going to put everything for the next couple of weeks.  Yes, I said couple of weeks.  My "Eldin" mentioned something about weeks Friday.  I didn't know we had that much left to do, but evidently I was wrong. Good thing he is so fun to have around. He reminds me of my dad because he is really quite the gentlemen when it comes to how he behaves. The best part is he goes home to his wife at night.


No comments: