Monday, August 23, 2010

Long Day, Predict a Longer One Tomorrow

Today was a long day, and even though the company was quite enjoyable, I wish I could have just stayed in the office and worked.

I went with the preschool director to buy the last of the supplies before school starts on Monday.  I have to go because I am the authorized purchaser for work.  Very inefficient system,  but it is all we currently have in operation. 

We started off at the restaurant supply store about 40 minutes away from the office.  That took a while because they had to create a case of one item for us.  Then it was off to Target, Home Depot, and Lowe's.  It was 109 degrees out with no breeze.  I was so hot that I was tempted to take my car scissors to my hair and just start chopping it off.  
Once we got back to the office we had to unload my van, and it was full.  Besides all the cleaning supplies, there was a box of shelving, 2 large bags of potting soil, and the plants.  I was ready to crawl into my ratty robe and quit for the day, but it was only 2:00.

After three more hours in the office, it was home to pick up the youngest to meet the oldest at the bank, and then a different Target for last minute college items, and a different Lowes to pick up a faucet for the new sink in the playroom bathroom.  

By the time we finally were home for good around 7:00 p.m. I felt like I was melting.  I made the youngest dinner and would have gone for the ratty robe but the remodeler was still in the house.  I settled for a decent robe and fans blowing on my face.  

Tomorrow I move the youngest back to campus.  The oldest is already back at school so we are on our own.  Dorm won't open until 10 and it will already be hot by then.  Once I have him in and have driven back home it will be work, followed by two meetings.  At least I will get to have dinner with the girls.  

It would have been nice to climb into the pool tonight if it wasn't 96 degrees. I looked at the pool thermometer and decided that I probably would not be refreshed by a swim.


No comments: