Sunday, November 6, 2011

My Youngest and His Driving Adventures

My youngest son hates to drive.  He avoids it as much as possible unless it involves getting to play Magic, the Gathering.  Every time he does drive, he comes home with tales of what he witnessed other drivers do (you know that ever other driver on the road besides him is an idiot). 

He came home from a Magic event last night and told me had a rough night of driving. Said on the way to the shop the drivers were crazy, and that on the way back his car started making a odd thumping sound. Then to top it all off he was at a red light and a girl in the car next to him started waving at him and acting like she wanted to talk to him and he was so relieved when the light turned green and he could get away.

Of course, my ears perked up at odd thumping sound.  I started asking him questions about that and he couldn't answer any of them.  Then I asked him if he ever thought that the girl might be trying to tell him that something was wrong with his car and "Didn't he think he should roll down the window to see what she wanted?"

His response to my questions about the thump were vague, and the suggestion that he talk to the girl, well his colorful answer told me that evidently he would never do that.  He said he was pretty sure it was a "Hey I know you, roll down the window so we can talk wave."  Of course when I asked him why he didn't do that, there was the answer of "Why would I do that?  I didn't recognize her."

I guess today I will be going for a ride in his car to find hear the "thump."  His car that he has had since May and it still smells like he just drove it off the dealer's lot, and that is not because of an air freshener.

No comments: