Friday, November 11, 2011

A Bus Ride A Long Time Ago

When I was a senior in high school, I took a field trip to Eastern KY Univ. with my Art Club. 

I am not sure what happened that day on the bus, only that it was magical.  

I just spent the last two hours IM'ing with a friend who was on the bus that day.  He also remembers that bus trip and said he has never forgotten it. Yet, other than a couple of small details, we have no specifics about the bus ride.

A few months ago I talked with another friend who was on that bus ride and once again heard how magical that day was.  

Three people on the same bus ride, coming away with the same feeling, and yet we cannot identify  why it felt that way.

I think it might be because we all became friends that day when we hadn't really known each other  before.  Friends that made such a connection on that bus ride we still are connected even though we haven't seen each other in years and years.

Very cool.

No comments: