Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Vacation: Fall, 2011 - Days Three, Four, FIve

Day Three was Sunday.  I slept late, and the youngest slept even later.  We decided around 1:00 P.M. to go to Mimi's for breakfast and called Loni to see if she had eaten lunch yet.  She met us at Mimi's and we had a nice meal together.  With Loni at her old house packing, she hadn't had time to spend with the youngest, so this gave her a little extra time with him.

After breakfast, the youngest and I went to a Christmas Arts and Crafts Fair.  It did not take us long to go through the exhibits.  I think I need to stick to Art Festivals and stay away from anything that says craft.  We then ran a couple of errands and came home.

Once home I spent several hours quilting.
Day Four was moving day for Loni.  She was out early to meet the movers.  I got up and cleaned out my pantry, dyed my hair, and generally goofed around until it was time to go to town to mail a package.  I texted Loni to see if she needed lunch, and upon getting an affirmative picked her up to go to Wendy's, the mailing station, and the bank.  I took her home before going to a quilt shop, and then came home to quilt for several hours. That evening Loni, Jenn, and Gina and I met up for our monthly dinner. When we arrived at the restaurant there was an extra bonus of getting to see Mina and Stan.

Day Five was a day of grocery shopping for Thanksgiving and quilting.  Went to TOPS and had my second week of new weight loss and was finally below a milestone I had set for myself.  Dinner with Loni and Mina followed.  Once home I was able to finally open a gift box that Loni had given me many months ago to open when I reached my milestone.  It was a beautiful mosaic solar lamp for my patio.

I am enjoying the relaxation of this vacation.  I hope to finish quilting the quilt I am working on so I can start on Christmas gifts.  I have already spent over 10 hours on the quilting, and still have about 1/3 of the quilt to go.


 

No comments: