Thursday, November 10, 2011

Hello Old Friend

Thanks to Facebook I have reconnected with another old friend.

Actually, this old friend was the reason I first set up an account with FB.  He was one of my closest friends in high school.  No, we never dated, we never wanted to mess up the friendship.  

I used to be able to keep up with him through my parents, but then they moved out of KY.  Then my in-laws would give me updates from time to time, but those updates ended years ago when my friend changed jobs and my in-laws did not cross paths with him.  

He did not have a FB account until the last week of October, and even though I am FB friends with his sister and cousin, I was not able to get any information about his life.  

Now we check in with each other to see how things are going.  He is happily married and a grandfather of 6.  I am thrilled that he is having a good life, because he has had some tragedy in his past.  

I feel very blessed to have reconnected with him.  It is nice to have someone that remembers you when you were younger.  A friend that, after all these years, still cares and knows that our friendship was special then and is special now.  

Hello old friend, I'm so happy to have found you again.

No comments: