Friday, November 11, 2011

So Far Today Has Been Good

I am having a good day.

I spent two hours this morning watching a show that makes me cry, so I had a nice long cry.  I know some people find it strange that I enjoy a  day of crying, but it really helps me get through sometimes.

I scrubbed my bathroom.

I did a little dusting, make that very little dusting.

I emailed the wife of an old friend of mine who passed away earlier this year.  I wanted to make sure she knew I was thinking of her and her first holidays alone.  Even though you expect it, you are never ready for all the feelings that come up at each special occasion.  I have been thinking of him myself.  I remember last Christmas when he told me he knew it was his last one. I know he enjoyed the holiday, but I really cannot imagine what it must have been for him to watch his grandson open presents knowing that would be the very last time he would witness that toddler under  a Christmas tree. 

I have also been looking for a box I misplaced.  Not too hard though.  I am sure I will run across it eventually.  

Speaking of hidden boxes, I guess I need to figure out what I am getting the boys for Christmas.  I am hoping they will tell me over Thanksgiving.  At least my youngest has already ordered a game for  his birthday present.  I was going to give it to him early, but he said he wanted to get through finals before  getting into the game.  He is really doing great this semester, and I am very proud of his mature attitude about staying on track.

Tonight I will have dinner with the girls. Mexican food, you can't go wrong with that, unless you go to a sucky restaurant, and we know our Mexican restaurants around here.

I think I will go watch some more episodes of my show and cry for another hour before tackling the next project. 

I also need to start thinking about 2012 and what I hope to accomplish besides getting over my fear of traveling without my car so I can enjoy my trip to Alaska.

I might also want to start thinking about getting out of my nightgown sometime before I leave for the restaurant.
 

No comments: