Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My Chick is Leaving the Nest

Yes, I know Loni is not really my chick, but I consider Loni and Mina to be my chicks even though there is only an 8 year age difference with Loni and a four year age difference with Mina. I am their Mama C.  I worry and fuss over them like I do my boys and they mean more to me than words could ever express. 

Loni pretty much moved in with me the day she and her ex decided to get a divorce and has been here around six months.  Now she is moving out to her own beautiful home a little over three miles away in the City.  

I am really happy for Loni.  Her new home is absolutely gorgeous, with the perfect layout for her life.  I believe it to be an excellent mentally healthy start for this new phase of her life, and I know that it was her fate to find this particular home.  

It will be odd not to see her every evening.  That is the time I see her most as we have dinner and sit down to watch our favorite shows.  Once in a while we cross paths in the morning during the week, but not often as she leaves for work before I do and I pretty much wait until the very last second to get ready for my three minute drive to work.  

It has been fun watching her plan out what she wants to do with her house and I am looking forward to seeing how she makes it into her home.  I do believe I might have to loan her some art.  I think my Georgia O'Keefe print will look great in Mama's bedroom.  (Yes, I have claimed a bedroom in the house, but only because it is painted green and yellow like my house.  I will share it with others.)

May the next phase of Loni's life bring her many blessings.  She leaves here knowing she is always welcomed at Mama's and that she is loved.  

I do believe she is going to miss the youngest a lot more than she is going to miss me.  



2 comments:

Loni said...

I'll miss both of you! I'd miss your eldest too, except he hasn't been around as much. It's been a sad and crazy time and sometimes scary, but it's always been good knowing my family is here to help me through it all. Love you!!!

Unknown said...

Spoken like a true mama. I am so very grateful that L had a "mama's touch" during this stormy period in her life. She knows that she had numerous places to call home during this time.

It does my heart good to know that she was well loved and looked after by those who love her.